Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Now I'm just confused.

The rest of my big bra order arrived yesterday and I proceeded to try the majority of them on, despite knowing the 34FF Cleo Bella did not even begin close for me.

Apparently the Cleo Bella is really just -that- non-stretchy. I was able to get the 34's I got the Cleo Lucy in closed. They were a little -too- snug, so I tried on the 36 that I didn't know I had ordered. The band in that was too loose. Great. I'm between band sizes.

I tried three different bras: Cleo Lucy, Panache Jasmine, and Freya Gem. I liked some things about each bra, but in the end, none of them worked well enough for me.

The Cleo Lucy was the bra I was most looking forward to. I had picked it out in the neon orange colouring. On my computer screen, it looked like a white bra with orange embroidery. I was a bit dismayed at first because the bra is actually peach with orange embroidery. I know that the looks of it shouldn't matter too heavily, but, well, it kind of does for me. If I don't like the way something looks, I'm less likely to wear it, no matter how well it fits me. I figured I'd try it on anyway. Hopefully it would fit great and I could find another colour to get it in.

Hello, quad-boob. Strangely enough, though, it was not the normal quadboob of the top of the cup cutting into my breast tissue and bulging out over it. No. The centre seam of the bra cut across my breast tissue making it bulge on either side of the cup, making me look all deformed. Apparently Lucy is not made for me. *Update: I tried it on again with the straps loosened just a tad. No more pulling in on the centre seam.

So I tried on the Panache Jasmine which I had heard gives great forward-projection. Holy frick, yes, it does. My boobs have never been held that far forward. However, the straps were really tight on me and the band was a bit tight, too. I don't know if maybe a bra extender would help with the strap situation at all. Probably not, but I can always try it to see what happens. Apart from that, though, the wires felt too wide for me.

And so I tried on the Freya Gem. I had actually ordered both a 34E and 34F. I tried the 34F first and the band fit perfectly. It was not too tight like the Cleo and Panache bands in 34 and it wasn't too loose like the Cleo 36 band on the tightest setting. It was that perfect medium I wanted between the band sizes. The straps also weren't too tight. They weren't ultra stretchy, either, which is a problem I've had with bras in the past. My breasts were supported. They were projected forward. It was -almost- perfect.

In addition to projecting my breasts forward, though, the bra also splayed them out to the sides a tad. And then I looked at the side view in the mirror. Hello, bullet bra. Now, it wasn't -actually- as pointy as a true bullet bra, but it did make my breasts rather pointy. The bottom of the bra curved upwards about halfway, then the top slanted straight down to a point. If the bottom had just curved up a little bit more and the point weren't so centred, I probably would have been okay with it.

At that point, I decided to try on the 34E to see if maybe that would help alleviate some of the pointiness. My breasts did look slightly less pointy (but still pointy); however, the cups were also too small.

I'm thinking my next order will be a few Curvy Kate bras and another Freya. Unfortunately, I waited a little too long and the Curvy Kate bra I was most looking forward to is suddenly not available for purchase. I'll find something, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment